Wolfhound Cell Phone Detector™ (formerly Bloodhound) is a handheld, wireless sniffer specifically tuned to the RF signature of common cell phones including PCS, CDMA / WCDMA, GSM and Cellular bands (specify North American or European/Asian model). Wolfhound Cell Phone Detector’s high speed scanning receiver utilizes a multi-band DF (Direction Finding) antenna system allowing security personnel to locate all nearby cell phones in either standby mode* or actively using voice, text (SMS) or data transmissions making it the perfect cellular telephone detection unit for enforcing your NO WIRELESS security policy in universities, government & military installations, hospitals, law enforcement agencies, financial institutions and prisons & correctional facilities. Instead of blanket, no-wireless jam signals (which are illegal and unsafe in many instances), Wolfhound Cell Phone Detector prevents wireless usage by detecting and even locating the perpetrator.
Wolfhound Cell Phone Detector™ won the 2010 Mid-Atlantic Innovation Competition in the “Telecommunications Industry” category presented by the New Jersey Technology Council.
* Standby mode (autonomous registration) varies from base station to base station with phones typically registering between once every few minutes to up to 20 minutes. This time varies greatly based upon carriers, distance from base stations and individual handset manufacturers' standards.
DownloadWolfhound Cell Detector White Papers
Download Wolfhound Cell Detector PowerPoint presentation
* BVS is a proud member of:
- American Jail Association
- American Corrections Association
- Alliance of Counter Surveillance Specialists
- North American Association of Wardens & Superintendants
- California State Sheriff's Association
- Kentucky Jailers Association